Hamilton wins Singapore GP...
posted by Francis Xavier at 10:57 PM
SINGAPORE, Sept 27 — Lewis Hamilton stormed to a floodlit victory in the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday while Jenson Button fought through the field to extend his championship lead to 15 points with three races left. McLaren's world champion drove brilliantly around the 5.067km Marina Bay street circuit to lead from start to finish in the gruelling 61-lap race, finishing 9.6 seconds ahead of Toyota's Timo Glock.
Provisional result of the Singapore
Grand Prix at the Marina Bay Street Circuit on Sunday.
1. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren-Mercedes 1 hr 56 mins 6.337 secs
2. Timo Glock (Germany) Toyota +9.634 secs
3. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Renault 00:16.624
4. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) RedBull - Renault 00:20.261
5. Jenson Button (Britain) Brawn - Mercedes 00:30.015
6. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Brawn - Mercedes 00:31.858
7. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) McLaren - Mercedes 00:36.157
8. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 00:55.054
9. Kazuki Nakajima (Japan) Williams - Toyota 00:56.054
10. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 00:58.892